Mrs. Price from Oceanside CA is requesting Art Supplies through DonorsChoose, the most trusted classroom funding site for teachers.
My students need items to help them with play-based learning strategies. I am the only preschool classroom and teacher at this campus, so any of the play items my students need I have to purchase myself.
The majority of my students (80%) are children with special needs. The other 20% are typically developing peers, chosen for their knowledge in pre-academics, social skills, self-help skills and play skills. It is very important for special needs children to have access to the general education environment.
What makes my particular teaching situation even more interesting is that I teach on the Camp Pendleton military base, so most of my students face additional challenges because often one of their parents is deployed.
Most of my students with special needs have autism, speech and language impairment, or OHI (Other Health Impairment).
Many of my students have autism and speech/language delays, and in my years of teaching preschool, I have come to learn that play can be a universal language for all children in the early stages of development. I chose the easel and easel paper, the ink pads, trace and write tablets and the dot art to help promote artistic expression and fine motor skills. The sand and water play table and cove help students with sensory needs to calm themselves. I like to utilize STEM projects in my classroom for hands on Science Technology, Engineering, and Math. The doll clothes are for the dramatic play area, where we have dolls, a doll bed and a kitchen. If we foster learning through play, the chances of my special needs students being able to fully integrate into the general education classroom is that much greater. All children, whether they are typically developing of have special needs deserve to be educated in an enriching, motivating and fulfilling environment. Teaching children through art and play is my passion in this life! Thank you!
You donate directly to the teacher or project you care about and see where every dollar you give goes.
Expand the "Where your donation goes" section below to see exactly what Mrs. Price is requesting.See our finances
|GG824 - Indoor/Outdoor 3-Station Easel • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$179.00||1||$179.00|
|SW418 - 2-Way Sand & Water Table • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$129.00||1||$129.00|
|LL570 - Engineer-A-Coaster Activity Kit • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$49.99||1||$49.99|
|LL697 - Trace & Write Alphabet Center • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$34.99||1||$34.99|
|DS305 - Clothes for 14" Baby Dolls • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$32.99||1||$32.99|
|LA712 - Bright Giant Washable Color Ink Pads - 5-Color Set • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$27.99||1||$27.99|
|AA103 - Pastel Giant Washable Color Ink Pads - 5-Color Set • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$27.99||1||$27.99|
|SW419 - Tops for 2-Way Sand & Water Table • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$24.99||1||$24.99|
|TA9 - Newsprint Easel Paper - 18" x 24" • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$16.50||1||$16.50|
|EV214 - Brilliant Dot Art Painters - 6-Color Set • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$14.99||1||$14.99|
Our team works hard to negotiate the best pricing and selections available.View complete list Show less