Mr. Velasquez from Broomfield CO is requesting Instructional Technology through DonorsChoose, the most trusted classroom funding site for teachers.
Help me give my students microphone equipped headphones to complete and share their work more effectively.
Our school is nestled in the heart of Broomfield, CO. We have an incredibly diverse group of students. According to the latest census statistics, the population of the entire state of Colorado is nearly 85% white with mostly black and those of hispanic heritage making up the remaining 15%. At our school those numbers are closer to 50/50. We are also a Title 1 school which means many of our students come from some level of poverty.
My students are incredibly driven and work hard each day.
They enjoy coming to school, and truly get along with one another. They are developing 21st century skills that include the use of technology and the ability to collaborate in order to further their understanding of various topics. They are truly a fantastic group of kids, and I am so glad I get to learn right along with them every day!
WRITTEN BY STUDENTS: At the beginning of each year, all students get a new pair of headphones. At first, these headphones are fine. We mostly use them for taking our iReady reading tests. The more we use them, however, the sound quality begins to get worse, they get less comfortable, and many begin to break altogether. Also, these headphones are fine for listening, but they don’t allow us to record our voices to share with our classmates and teachers. Therefore, we would like durable headphones with a microphone that can allow us to share our learning, create a quieter learning environment, and that are more comfortable so we can focus more.
In our class we share our learning with our classmates and teachers through Flipgrids.
These are short videos about a subject, and other kids can watch these and comment on them. According to Mari Jones, co-director of the Share Your Learning Project, “if we want students to be ready for their future, they need opportunities for communication, collaboration, and all the things that presentations of learning allow students to do.” The headphones we are asking for have a microphone that will help us make better Flipgrids to share our learning.
Another important reason we need new headphones is because the ones we have currently are incredibly uncomfortable and flimsy. After wearing them for a while, our ears get sore and itchy. The pads on them are thin and fragile, and they fall off all the time. The pads also snag earrings, which really hurts, and distracts us from our work.
Please consider donating to our project and help Emerald Elementary become an even better learning community!
You donate directly to the teacher or project you care about and see where every dollar you give goes.
Expand the "Where your donation goes" section below to see exactly what Mr. Velasquez is requesting.See our finances
You can start a project with the same resources being requested here!
|Kensington Hi Fi Headphones with Mic headset • CDW-G||$18.75||60||$1,125.00|
Our team works hard to negotiate the best pricing and selections available.View complete list Show less