Our academy is a group of wonderful individuals. They have had limited experiences with music and I would like to start the school year off on the right foot.
Our music room has the bare essentials and I would love to start gathering some musical instruments, and decorations to engage the students and show them how important music is to their education.
65% of our students come from the inner city and the other 35% are from the surrounding suburban communities. Combining these different types of students lends to an exciting, and interesting classroom. One of those common denominators is MUSIC! Let's help these students have a great music experience.
Our Academy hasn't had a choir. This year this will all change. We would like to start a mixed grade high school choir. We will be focusing on some choir basics, as well as prepare for a few performances over the semesters. We will also have some general music instruction, and some piano classes.
I want to make this choir fun, yet challenging for my students.
I would love for them to have the folders and music staff white erase boards to help with their learning.
Let's get start this new music program off with some materials needed to engage and make learning music fun.
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Mrs. Corbin.
DonorsChoose is the most trusted classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Mrs. Corbin and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.