Help me give my students access to technology using Kindle Fires in the Mathematics classroom.
This project expired on May 5, 2019.
Hooray! This project is fully funded
I take students who hate math, and show them how much fun it can be. Even more than that, I love teaching mathematics. Algebra is my specialty. I am a teacher in a low-income/high poverty school, my students are faced with several challenges both in and out of the classroom. Despite the many challenges they face, I am looking to keep things simple and provide my students with creative and meaningful learning experiences. The demographics of my school includes 95% African American and the other 5% includes Caucasian, Hispanic, and Asian students. My class size averages between 26-32 students.
I teach a variety of students with different academic abilities. Although, their learning styles may differ, I have found that digital instruction bridges the gap. With the use of digital technology, students can collaborate, give feedback, and enjoy the learning process.
My school has a population where three-fourths of them come from a low income household.
Very few of them have access to cell phones, IPads, or tablets to access needed school resources. These devices will be used to access mathematical applications including, Edgenuity, Open-up resources, and Khan Academy. These web based sites empower learners to study at their own pace in the classroom setting. I know my students will benefit greatly from the use of these devices.
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Mr. Douglas.
DonorsChoose is the #1 classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Mr. Douglas and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.