Ms. Glunz from Milwaukee WI is requesting Books through DonorsChoose, the most trusted classroom funding site for teachers.
My students need literature that will inspire them to become strong female leaders in the world of STEM.
Our students come from low income families typically unable to provide their children with opportunities to pursue STEM related opportunities outside of the classroom. The majority of families we serve speak Spanish exclusively, which makes our school unique in that we provide a classroom environment in which a; content areas in both English and Spanish, creating a place for students to acquire biliterate proficiency in both their native and second languages in all content areas.
Students work hard to fully understand concepts presented in class, and ask well structured questions when they may have doubts about the lesson.
I am hoping to develop and implement a computer science program for female middle school students. The activities and curriculum developed will be executed during the school day and enhance with the general education curriculum. This programming will prepare the middle school students as they enter high school and take STEM courses.
Through this program, we hope to spark interest in our young women to pursue STEM in college and careers.
Activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Team building activities that grow and enhance 21st century skills,
- Reading materials that introduce students to computer science, programming and robotics,
- Programming and logic-related exercises that practice skills used by program developers and computer scientists,
- Challenging programming and coding projects that also serve as an opportunity to solve a problem or demonstrate creativity, and
- Robotics activities and exploration, culminating in competitions and demonstrations of creations.
You donate directly to the teacher or project you care about and see where every dollar you give goes.
Expand the "Where your donation goes" section below to see exactly what Ms. Glunz is requesting.See our finances
You can start a project with the same resources being requested here!
|Girls Who Code: Learn to Code and Change the World • Amazon Business||$13.21||25||$330.25|
Our team works hard to negotiate the best pricing and selections available.View complete list Show less