Help me give my students essential items they will need to ensure their success in college.
The senior class consists of over 900 students from diverse backgrounds. More than 70% of our students receive free or reduced lunch, take care of younger siblings, and/or work part-time to pay for food, clothing, and rent.
Despite these challenges, they all dream of one day attending college - especially since most will be the first in their family.
My students have made a commitment to pursue their post-secondary goals by applying to a variety of institutions in order to grow both personally and academically. Proudly, upon graduation 80% of the students will be attending 2-4 year institutions and the remaining 20% will pursue other career paths, such as joining different branches of the military or vocational school. I have no doubt this group of students will be a beacon for generations to come.
Today, it is almost impossible to navigate college efficiently without the proper tools. A laptop will allow a student to participate in group study, take detailed notes, complete their assignments even when the libraries are closed, and the ability to move around rather than being restricted to a public desktop. The printer will allow a student to print assignments at their convenience and avoid paying printing fees at their institution. The mini-fridge will be for a student who appreciates the convenience of being able to store extra food. Lastly, the tablet will provide another student who does not have their own personal laptop similar advantages as to those who do.
The materials we are requesting will be raffled off as prizes during an event titled 'Decision Day' to celebrate our seniors' post-secondary plans.
During this event, we hope to give away materials to as many students as possible to reward them for their hard work and ensure their success after high school. Many of the students and their families worry about paying for college, and these items can potentially reduce stress and financial concerns. With your donation, these students will be able to enter their world of infinite possibilities worry-free.
Expand the "Where your donation goes" section below to see exactly what Ms. Roc'kale Bowman is requesting.See our finances
|Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6" Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U, 6GB RAM Memory, 1TB HDD, 8X DVD, E5-576-392H • Amazon Business||$379.99||1||$379.99|
|Igloo IRF26EBBK Dry Erase Board Single Door Refrigerator, 2.6, Black • Amazon Business||$149.99||1||$149.99|
|HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing (K7V40A) and Instant Ink Prepaid Card for 50 100 300 Page per Month Plans (3HZ65AN) • Amazon Business||$84.99||1||$84.99|
|Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa, 7" Display, 8 GB, Black - with Special Offers • Amazon Business||$44.99||1||$44.99|
Our team works hard to negotiate the best pricing and selections available.View complete list Show less