Lockheed Martin K-12 STEM Match Program
Advancing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education is a critical focus for Lockheed Martin. We know firsthand the importance of educating our young people in these areas. Our future success — and our nation's technological advantage — depend on a constant supply of highly trained, highly capable technical talent. This begins with supporting efforts to advance STEM education.
Where You Can Play a Role
We want to help you spread the passion for STEM education in your communities and the schools that matter to you. We've partnered with DonorsChoose.org, a charity connecting the public with U.S. public schools, to make it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need.
As a Lockheed Martin employee, you may select and fund STEM projects of your choosing and we will match your donation up to $250 per employee, per year. From now until December 31, 2019, we will match employee donations up to a total contribution of $100,000.
- Enter the promo code provided to you on insideLM and click on the “Submit code“ button. Please note that this is only for use by Lockheed Martin employees.
- When prompted, enter your Lockheed email address and click the “Get Started“ button. You must enter your @lmco.com address.
- Find a STEM project that inspires you — this is the fun part! Keep the search filter on Math & Science to view STEM projects and adjust the other filters to find a project near you. You can also search by school, city, state and zip code!
- At checkout, you will see that the promo code has been activated and your donation will be matched.
- Once the project is fully funded, you 'll hear back from the classroom through a thank you letter and photos posted on the project page.
To learn more, visit the community relations pages on lockheedmartin.com. You can also find STEM lesson plans we've developed with Discovery Education to help you prepare the next generation of engineers and explorers.