Our children need your help
The RiceDaddies Empowerment in Diversity Challenge aims to mitigate the marginalizing effects of Western pop culture and media by funding innovative educational programs that do the following:
Donations currently go to the following programs:
- Help Us Learn About The World's Cultures Through Art! (Asia)
- Peacebuilding in Middle School - Race to Understand Race
Programs previously funded by the Challenge:
- Myself & Others
- Exploring Inner Beauty with "The Bluest Eye"
- Leadership Textbooks for Class
- Help International Kids Become International!
- Materials Needed that Promote Racial and Cultural Awareness
- Asian American Heritage One Book at a Time
- Characters That Look Like Me!
- My Family Is From...
- Help Us Travel To China!!!
- Developing Cultural Self Awareness with Literacy and Art
- Bringing Asia to the Bronx
- More Than Meets the Eye: Students as Media Producers
- Pen-pals say Gung Hay Fat Choy!
- Bringing The World Into The Classroom
- Cultural Awareness Wanted
- What in the World Are You Reading? (Asian Literature)
- Japanese American Museum Field Trip
- A Glimpse of India
- Critical Media Literacy: Reading Ethnicity in the Media
Visit the RiceDaddies website at www.ricedaddies.com.