You're on track to get doubled donations (and unlock a reward for the colleague who referred you). Keep up the great work!
Take credit for your charitable giving! Check out your tax receipts

In a rush to make a major tax-deductible gift before the year's end? Purchase account credits and choose projects later!

Time is running out! Make your tax-deductible gift before midnight on December 31.

To use your $50 gift card credits, find a project to fund and we'll automatically apply your credits at checkout. Find a classroom project
Are you a public school teacher in need of funding? Get funded »

Are you a teacher? Create a project in 10 minutes and get what you need for your students. Tap here to start.

Skip to main content

We're a charity that makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Your gift is tax-deductible.

Your school email address was successfully verified.

 

Ms. F.’s Classroom Edit display name

  • North Carolina

Your custom url is https://www.donorschoose.org/extermiteach

My students are ninth graders of varying age levels who are currently enrolled in Literacy, a course designed to help students who struggle with reading comprehension to be better equipped for success within the high school English curriculum. These young men and women come from all over the world; 90 percent of my students are non-native English speakers from South American countries, and the other 10% are Americans of varying ethnic backgrounds. They attend a Title One high school in North Carolina that is currently slated to close after this school year, and they struggle daily to overcome the stigma that they are "not smart enough" to succeed. These are motivated individuals from high-poverty backgrounds who are reading anywhere from 2-8 years below grade level. English does not come easy to them, but they work hard every day to overcome the knowledge gap that is currently keeping them from performing on the same level as their classmates.

About my class

My students are ninth graders of varying age levels who are currently enrolled in Literacy, a course designed to help students who struggle with reading comprehension to be better equipped for success within the high school English curriculum. These young men and women come from all over the world; 90 percent of my students are non-native English speakers from South American countries, and the other 10% are Americans of varying ethnic backgrounds. They attend a Title One high school in North Carolina that is currently slated to close after this school year, and they struggle daily to overcome the stigma that they are "not smart enough" to succeed. These are motivated individuals from high-poverty backgrounds who are reading anywhere from 2-8 years below grade level. English does not come easy to them, but they work hard every day to overcome the knowledge gap that is currently keeping them from performing on the same level as their classmates.

Read more

About my class

Read more
{"followTeacherId":680184,"teacherId":680184,"teacherName":"Ms. F.","teacherProfilePhotoURL":"https://cdn.donorschoose.net/images/placeholder-avatars/136/teacher-placeholder-3_136.png","teacherHasProfilePhoto":false,"vanityURL":"extermiteach","teacherChallengeId":116144,"followAbout":"Ms. F.'s projects","teacherVerify":-420422033,"teacherNameEncoded":"Ms. F.","vanityType":"teacher","teacherPageInfo":{"teacherHasClassroomPhoto":true,"teacherHasClassroomDescription":true,"teacherClassroomDescription":"","teacherProfileURL":"https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/extermiteach","tafURL":"https://secure.donorschoose.org/donors/share_teacher_profile.html?teacher=680184","stats":{"numActiveProjects":0,"numFundedProjects":1,"numSupporters":8},"classroomPhotoPendingScreening":false}}