TODAY ONLY: Support a classroom and your donation will be doubled!
My students need a weight set for a new up-and-coming strength and conditioning program.
My students are seventh grade English Language Arts students. They attend a school in a high-needs, inner-city district in New York state. The school is located in an urban community, with a high rate of poverty. Our district is low on resources and as a result, many supplies need to be purchased by individual teachers. My students are eager and interested in learning new things, yet our district's lack of resources hold them back from learning to their full potential and becoming as engaged in English education as they could be.
My goal is that the students become a community of independent learners and help push each other to grow.
I do my best to teach my students through many different learning styles. We use hands-on tools, technology, books, videos, and more. We work in partners and small groups regularly, and students really work together to help each other be successful. My students come from a variety of home situations, which helps them learn academic and social skills during my English Language Arts class.
Donations to this weight lifting team will provide students in an inner-city school district the resources they need to become successful both mentally and physically outside of the classroom and on the playing fields. This weight lifting strength and conditioning program is designed to enhance athletic performance and decrease probability of injury for all sport team athletes.
The donated resources will improve the student-athletes by:
1. Teaching them the fundamentals focused on strength, power, speed, agility, conditioning, flexibility, recovery, nutrition, and injury prevention and management.
2. Showing them how strength and conditioning training emphasizes multi-joint, multi-plane movements such as power cleans, squats, and upper-body presses.
3. Teaching students the importance of rotational movements, balance and stability, unilateral exercises, and core training are also priorities.
4. The needs of each individual student will come first as speed, agility and conditioning are tailored to the needs of each sport.
5. Teaching students the importance of flexibility, recovery, nutrition and injury prevention are incorporated into all team-training programs.
6. Students will develop skills such as discipline, perseverance, goal setting, teamwork, mental toughness, and work ethic.
7. Through this strength and conditioning program we are committed to instill habits that will lead students to better and healthier lives.
This strength and conditioning program provides students with the support and guidance in helping them to reach their athletic goals.
Expand the "Where your donation goes" section below to see exactly what Ms. Del Bene is requesting.See our finances
|Lifeline Olympic Rubber Bumper Weight Set - 205lb Olympic Rubber Bumper Weight Set - • Amazon Business||$399.99||1||$399.99|
Our team works hard to negotiate the best pricing and selections available.View complete list Show less