I am the fortunate teacher of 16 determined students. I work in a school that is the largest of 12 elementary schools in the district. We service over 600 students with a rich diversity of students who come from a variety of backgrounds, with more than 38% of students speaking a second language at home.
My energetic students thrive on engaging, fun, and differentiated learning opportunities and it is my responsibility to provide them with the best learning experience possible.
Learning to spell is essential for success in literacy. These leveled spelling kits will help my students become proficient spellers for life. These kits help take the struggle out of spelling by using a multisensory approach which makes it easy for kids to understand. The activities are hands-on and motivating to ensure student engagement.
The leveled activities will help my students master English spelling.
They will learn the sounds of the 26 letters of the alphabet, 45 common letter combinations, and tried-and-true spelling rules.
With these tools, my students will be able to spell 97% of words in the English language while also gaining solid strategies for mastering the remaining 3% of words.
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Mrs. Ortiz.
DonorsChoose is the #1 classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Mrs. Ortiz and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.