My students come mostly from low-income single-parent households. Some of these households have more than one family living under one roof. Because of these disadvantages, I try to make sure each student takes advantage of the knowledge they gain from each and every day of class. A lot of the students I teach are below grade level and are struggling readers. It causes issues in the classroom when you have 25% of the class on grade level and the other 75% below.
At the end of the school year, my classroom printer went out. I purchased the printer about four years ago. I must say my students and I certainly got our monies worth. We used the printer because my students love color and getting copies from the office are only black and white. Also, we can only get weekly assessments printed from the office.
My students live in color.
The printer will help us continue to make our days brighter. We are also trying to incorporate a research center. This printer will give those students that do not have access to a printer at home to print their research findings from the class printer.
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Mrs. Wise.
DonorsChoose is the #1 classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Mrs. Wise and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.