Take credit for your charitable giving! Check out your tax receipts
Your promo code has been successfully applied and will be reflected in checkout.
DonorsChooseSkip to main content
Ms. Mendoza from Madera CA is requesting Reading Nooks, Desks & Storage through DonorsChoose, the most trusted classroom funding site for teachers.
Help me give my students a flex-space mobile book bin storage center to keep our best books in.
I greet my students every day with a smile and a "Buenos días." My students arrive at school eager to learn, explore, and grow, despite many of them facing adversities in their lives they are unstoppable. I believe they each uniquely contribute to my classroom.
In my classroom, my students are emergent bilingual readers, writers, problem-solvers, scientist, engineers, artists, and so much more.
Our school serves a majority of low-income students. It provides free meals to all students. Sadly, some families struggle to provide the basics that the students need.
I teach at an English/Spanish dual-language school. This means that I teach students a second language. My first grade students spend 90% of the day learning in Spanish. For the other 10% of the day, they spend their time with their English teacher. By doing this, students learn to associate certain teachers as speaking either Spanish or English. Not only are my students learning to speak two languages at the same time, but they are also being exposed to writing and reading in a second language.
Just as students must separate their Spanish and English teacher, I need to separate my collection of Spanish and English books.
I need the Flex-Space Mobile Book Bin Storage Center for my group of English students. I currently have a small wire basket for storing English books. The basket is not the best place to store amazing books. My books are not preserved well in the basket and have been damaged due to improper storage. By having the new mobile bookshelf, I could double the number of English books my students have. I have boxes of books stored away in my closet due to insufficient space.
I envision the new Flex-Space Mobile Book Bin Storage Center as a way to easily keep our English and Spanish books in separate spaces. The storage center could be effortlessly rolled out when needed and stored away when unnecessary.
You donate directly to the teacher or project you care about and see where every dollar you give goes.
Expand the "Where your donation goes" section below to see exactly what Ms. Mendoza is requesting.See our finances
You can start a project with the same resources being requested here!
|LC298 - Flex-Space Mobile Book Bin Storage Center • Lakeshore Learning Materials||$399.00||1||$399.00|
Our team works hard to negotiate the best pricing and selections available.View complete list Show less