Our district has fully adoped the Next Generation Science Standards and our science teachers need resources to help build real-world, inquiry-based lessons for students.
Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and have a wide range of educational needs.
Our science teachers work hard to find ways to engage and inspire every student and meet each learner where they are in their eduational journey.
Bringing Science World into our classrooms is a key component in reaching our goal. Thank you for your time and consideration!
Here are a few of the projects students will undertake:
- Spice it Up: Describe the plant structures that gingerbread spices are derived from and the roles they play in plant reproduction and survival
- Star Wars vs. the Real World: Create a design for a new robot that functions to complete a specific task
- CRISPR Debate: The Ethics of Genome Editing
- Doggy Body Language: Explain patterns observed in animal communication in order to plan an investigation about animal behavior
- More Problems with Plastic: Gather evidence about the effects of plastic pollution to support an argument about potential solutions
- Icy Orchestra: Investigate how an instrument’s shape and material affects the sounds it makes
- Microbes and the Carbon Cycle-How does the finite amount of carbon on this planet move around in the environment, from one place to another? How do the geosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere, and atmosphere interact? In this activity, students will model the carbon cycle, and consider ways in which human actions play a role
DonorsChoose is the most trusted classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Ms. Brown and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.