My science class needs a technology bailout! I have a wonderful group of diverse students, including a class of special education and English language learners, who would enjoy and benefit from a curriculum that is enhanced by technology.
The recession has hit the classroom! Due to budget cuts, the school is lacking money for basic supplies so purchasing any new technology equipment is out of the question.
Integrating technology using an LCD projector in my classroom will help my students gain a more complete understanding of science. Using media clips is a great way to engage students, and, without paper, I'll be able to project anything that would have previously been distributed. I have created PowerPoint presentations infused with video clips, pictures, diagrams, and simulations to enhance understanding. Some of the concepts that we cover in Living Environment, such as genetics and cells, can be too abstract for 9th graders to comprehend. An LCD projector is a way to help them conceptualize the material by providing images without using paper.
With your help, the purchase of an LCD projector will help students in countless ways. It is difficult to foresee all of the many ways that this addition could benefit the classroom, but below I've listed a few reasons why you should give.
1. English Language Learners will have more images to accompany the material that their learning, leading to increased understanding.
2. Students will be more interested in science when they can visualize what they're learning.
3. Students will be more prepared to go on to college because they will be able to create and present PowerPoint presentations using the projector.
4. Due to budget cuts, many lab supplies won't be ordered this year. The projector would allow students to view some labs on line in a "virtual lab" simulation.
5. There is no money for paper! Need I say more?
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Ms. Drake.
DonorsChoose is the #1 classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Ms. Drake and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.