My students need iPads and cases so they can all have access to amazing online resources. We do not have enough technology to go around for us to be able to effectively use it in Art.
The middle school student artists I work with every day are the most amazingly wonderful crew of kids I have ever taught. They challenge themselves and others every day to think creatively, try new things, make mistakes and support each other in their growth as artists. I want to give them the world, as I know their parents, families, and guardians do as well.
Though our community is very supportive of the school district, we lack many technological resources that would give our students the tools they need to be successful in today's world.
I want them to leave our school with at least a basic an understanding of technology so they can use those skills in their careers or higher education and become the rockstar adults I know they will be.
There are so many amazing resources that I would love to integrate into my classroom, but we do not have enough technology to go around in order for the students to be able to access those resources.
Utilizing technology in the classroom greatly increases student engagement and inspiration.
It also gives them more experience with programs that will prepare them for a professional life in the digital world.
There are programs like:
1. Survey monkey, which allows me to create digital exit tickets to allow the students to privately ask for help or provide feedback.
2. Padlet, which allows students to create inspiration and brainstorming boards (either individually or collectively) for projects.
3. Peardeck, which allows me to create interactive powerpoints to introduce new projects to the students and discuss student and professional made artwork.
4. Youtube, which allows them to look up tutorials for choice based projects when they want to challenge themselves to try something we haven't covered in class yet.
5. Google classroom, which allows me to post everything we use in class (handouts, powerpoints, tutorials, resources...) so the students can references it later
I have used all of these programs many times with these students and with others, but it is a real struggle to have enough technology available for every student to be able to access these resources all together. Even just a few iPads would make an incredible difference in the curriculum I would be able to use with the students. The more technology they can get their hands on, the better prepared they will be for life after school. Thank you so much for considering a donation to my Art students!
Expand the "Where your donation goes" section below to see exactly what Ms. Sweeney is requesting.See our finances
|Apple iPad 2 MC769LL/A 9.7-Inch 16GB (Black) 1395 - (Certified Refurbished) • Amazon Business||$126.95||4||$507.80|
|iPad 2 Case, iPad 3 Case, iPad 4 Case, BENTOBEN Kickstand Heavy Duty Rugged Shockproof High Impact Resistant Hybrid Three Layer Armor Full Body Protective Case for Apple iPad 2/3/4th Gen,Black/Gray • Amazon Business||$13.99||4||$55.96|
Our team works hard to negotiate the best pricing and selections available.View complete list Show less