My students need these lab supplies to conduct evironmental quality monitoring within and outside the classroom during field trips. AP Environmental science is a new offering at our school that our seniors have specifically requested.
Our students come from Denver and they work hard every day to get college ready! We are one of 8 campuses of a public charter network that graduates 100% accepted to a 4 year college. Our students are over 80% Latino and 90% free/reduced-price lunch eligible. We also have a significant Vietnamese population represented in the remaining 10%. But our students are more than just their socio-economic status. They live our six core values every day (courage, curiosity, doing your best, responsibility, integrity, and respect) while participating in a rigorous and engaging curriculum.
This year at CVHS we are offering AP Environmental Science as an option for our seniors. They are very excited about this opportunity and we want to make sure that this class provides the high quality experiential lab experiences to which they have become accustomed. Our seniors are ready for rigorous, inquiry-based experiences that are required by the college board in this class. In order to do this we could really use some help building out our AP Environmental Science program and lab with laboratory sets and equipment. They will raise the rigor and engagement level of students to not only engage in pre-set labs, but also to develop their own investigations.
We are seeking your assistance to get PASCO mobile water quality testing equipment and Carolina test kits, so we can do long term studies of the Platte river in our neighborhood upstream and downstream from the water treatment facility and compare this to other creek sites in southwest Denver such as Bear Creek.
Additionally the supplies from Carolina Biologic will allow us to set up mini-ecosystems within class and study the biogeochemical cycles within a lab settings, as well as, model and assess common human impacts on water, air, soil and solid waste. The requested AP Environmental Science Bundle includes 10 lab sets that will enable us to complete population studies as well and provide the full range of lab experiences with the diverse survey of AP Environmental Science, as well as make connections within the curriculum and to the current status our local environment in order to fully evaluate, debate, and propose solutions to local, region, state, and global environmental problems.
You donate directly to the teacher or project you care about and see where every dollar you give goes.
Expand the "Where your donation goes" section below to see exactly what Ms. Fishman is requesting.See our finances
|Carolina Investigations for AP Environmental Science 10-Lab Bundle • Carolina Biological Supply Company||$1,642.45||1||$1,642.45|
|Mobile Water Quality Sensor Bundle • Pasco||$750.00||1||$750.00|
|Carolina EcoKits: Build Your Own Microcosm • Carolina Biological Supply Company||$161.95||2||$323.90|
|LaMotte Macroinvertebrate Identification Card Set • Carolina Biological Supply Company||$47.70||1||$47.70|
|Student Soil Sampler • Carolina Biological Supply Company||$31.50||1||$31.50|
Our team works hard to negotiate the best pricing and selections available.View complete list Show less