At my school, we foster a community of students with strong character and high self-esteem who display critical thinking skills that will enable them to become life-long learners. Our staff members and parents work together to educate more than 600 children in grades Pre K-5th. Our school is considered a Title I School with 100% of our students receiving free and reduced lunch. The 3rd-grade students consist of four different class sections; totaling 100 students.
My classroom consists of 25 wonderful students.
Each student is unique and brings their special gift to the classroom. Out of those 25 students, 6% of them are reading at a third-grade level. The remaining 94% are reading below grade level, with the majority of them falling two to three grades below grade level. Though my school has many interventions in place for these students, many of them are lacking the necessary resources to continue working at home.
My students will use these headphones during times that would require them to use their Chromebooks. Our class is in need of these headphones because it can become noisy and very distracting while all students are reading and answering questions. It is my goal to to eliminate the distractions and keep all students focused and on task. My students use their Chromebooks for all core subjects (reading, writing, math, social studies, and science).
Headphones will most definitely improve the classroom environment as well as our small group learning communities.
It will also assist the other students that are not using technology, at the time, to concentrate on the task they are working on.
RockPapa Over Ear Stereo Headphones Earphones for Adults Kids Childs, Noise Isolating, Adjustable, Heavy Deep Bass for iPhone iPod iPad Macbook Surface MP3 DVD SmartPhones Laptop (Black/Green)
• Amazon Business
Vendor shipping charges
State sales tax
3rd party payment processing fee
Fulfillment labor & materials
Total project cost
Suggested donation to help DonorsChoose reach more classrooms
Total project goal
How we calculate what's needed
Total project goal
Donations toward project cost
Donations to help DonorsChoose reach more classrooms
Match offer toward project cost
Match offer to help DonorsChoose reach more classrooms
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Ms. Shumpert.
DonorsChoose is the #1 classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Ms. Shumpert and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.