Bonjour! We are the 3rd graders of a public French Immersion school in the Bay Area. We learn to speak, read, write and even do math and science in French. And we are good at it!
What motivates us the most is the ability to communicate and express ourselves in different languages.
70% of our instruction time is in French while the other 30% happens in English. Some of us speak a third language at home, which can be very challenging but we like to look at it as an extra asset.
This year we will be focusing more on French writing. We can't wait to write stories, fairy tales and even opinion pieces. It's going to be so much fun!
My third graders have been working really hard on their French grammar. They know the parts of speech and write correct sentences. The next step is to use this knowledge in writing pieces. They are very excited to share their thoughts but feel limited because of their lack of vocabulary.
These dictionaries will allow the kids to look up translations for words they know in English but not in French or to look up the meaning of new French words.
It's the perfect way to improve their writing pieces and to enlarge their vocabulary!
DonorsChoose is the most trusted classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Ms. Alexis and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.