My students need Chromebooks to succeed as 21st Century learners. Chromebooks will allow them to compose and edit their essays, comment and peer edit each other’s work, collaborate with inquiry centers and academically discuss issues online.
“I didn’t know I had it in me. I surprised myself!” My students range from being shy to boisterous, strong independent learners to struggling collaborators, and at the same time are growing to become confident speakers and emerging writers with control and voice. —All of these qualities are within each student.
As English 9 and 10 students, they love to learn, especially with engaging activities that ask them to reason and work with their peers during opportunities that ask them to build a sense of community in an academic environment.
From class discussions to speeches to being part of a panel and being part of Socratic Seminars, they always show me they are passionate students who want to be part of what makes a positive society as we read and analyze literature while engaging in discussions on ethics and humanity.
My long-term goal is to have a class set of Chromebooks. However, even having a few will give my students the opportunity to bridge being mature and effective online communicators, creators and collaborators with in-person interactions and presentations.
• During Socratic Seminars (student led and student sustained discussions), speakers will be able to complete their self-evaluations and reflections on Google forms.
• During the essay writing process, students can write, edit and comment on each other's essays.
• During the synthesis essay, they can have access to reputable sources from reliable databases.
• During Inquiry Stations, they can research the various assigned topics collaboratively.
• During online discussion boards, they get the much needed practice of utilizing academic vocabulary and mature language with sound reasoning paired with concrete examples.
These Chromebooks can help my students grow as critical thinkers as they effectively collaborate with each other. Please consider donating to my project and investing in tomorrow’s leaders.
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Mrs. Pacheco.
DonorsChoose is the #1 classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Mrs. Pacheco and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.