I love what I do! Every day brings a new adventure. I teach at an urban school that is bursting at the seams. We have over 600 students in a building that was made for 400. Nearly all of our students eat breakfast and lunch at school. This is most likely because 100% of them are living in poverty.
We have students from 29 countries speaking 18 different languages.
About 35% of our students come from homes where English is spoken. That means the other 65% hear English only at school. This doesn't mean that English is the only language you will hear in our halls. It a wonderful experience to be a part of such great diversity.
Our school has become its own global community. Children coming from such poor and disadvantaged circumstances still wake up ready for success. They come to school with smiles on their faces ready to learn. Their growth is measurable is so many ways. I feel fortunate to be a part of this.
Students coming to my room have intensive needs. They are some of the lowest scoring in our building. This may be due to a disability, a developmental delay, medical conditions, or environmental circumstances.
By being able to bounce, wiggle or rock, their muscles are engaged and so is their brain.
Wobble stools will help them burn off their excess energy in a non-disruptive way. Movement increases oxygen flow and therefore increases brain activity. The end result is often a more engaged learner. If a student is engaged in learning, progress can be made.
By just making a student more bodily engaged, we make them better learners and better citizens.
Kore Patented WOBBLE Chair, Made in the USA, Active Sitting for all ages, Toddler thru Pre-Teen; Kids don't have to sit still anymore - "The BEST seat in any Classroom"! - Black - Junior (16in)
• Amazon Business
Vendor shipping charges
State sales tax
3rd party payment processing fee
Fulfillment labor & materials
Total project cost
Suggested donation to help DonorsChoose reach more classrooms
Total project goal
How we calculate what's needed
Total project goal
Donations toward project cost
Donations to help DonorsChoose reach more classrooms
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Mrs. Collins.
DonorsChoose is the most trusted classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Mrs. Collins and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.