Our art room is full of discovery, fun, and learning. We don't just listen and watch. We make, create, explore, and tinker everyday in our art room.
Every kindergartner through fifth grader comes to the art room each week in our suburban public school.
My students are talented, curious, and creative little people who aren't afraid of taking risks, trying their best, and showing the world what they've created through our art room blog and online art gallery.
My curriculum requires students to express movement in their art. This inquiry-based project mixes art, music, & animation to meet this goal. Students will use the 5 Cs as they
1. creatively make a piece of art that shows movement
2. Engage critical thinking skills as they use iPads & mannequins to produce stop-motion animations with a green backdrop. They will digitally replace green with their artwork in the Green Screen app by DOINK using problem-solving skills; and
3. collaboration, since movie-making is best made this way.
Students will take on the roles of photographer, animator, & quality manager as they move the mannequin between each photograph to create a video clip that shows movement.
4. Each classroom community will contribute to one collaborative movie with music chosen by the students to provide continuity & rhythm.
5. This project will communicate an understanding of movement using art, video, & music. It will be posted to my blog for students, parents, & all to enjoy.
Our art room LOVES iPads.
This is hopefully the last project we will post asking for iPads because this will give us the LAST TWO that we need to have a 1:1 iPad art room. Completing this project will give my 4th and 5th graders (with the largest class sizes) each an iPad to create without a having to wait! We will be able to do this project and so much more with your generous gift. Thank you!
If you donated to this project, you can sign in to leave a comment for Mrs. Fuglestad.
DonorsChoose is the #1 classroom funding site for teachers.
As a teacher-founded nonprofit, we're trusted by thousands of teachers and supporters across the country. This classroom request for funding was created by Mrs. Fuglestad and reviewed by the DonorsChoose team.
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America create classroom project requests, and you can give any amount to the project that inspires you.