Chevron is offering funding for select Kern County area projects that focus on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Teachers are encouraged to submit funding requests at DonorsChoose.org for classroom materials and experiences that will inspire classroom innovation and enhance the learning environment for students.
Start your project today for the best chance at full funding! To get started, read through the Grant Criteria below to ensure your project is eligible for this offer then visit https://www.donorschoose.org/teachers to start your project request today.
- You must teach grades K-12 in a public school in Kern County or one of the following districts: Coalinga-Huron Joint Unified, San Ardo Union Elementary, King City Union, South Monterey County Joint Union High School District, or Reef-Sunset Unified.
- Projects submitted in the following subject areas will be considered: Math & Science, Special Needs and Applied Learning, with a priority on Math & Science projects. All projects must show alignment with Math or Science content standards.
- Projects must cost no more than $1,500 total (including shipping, taxes, optional donation to DonorsChoose.org, etc.)
- Chevron will select only one project per teacher based on first submission date.
- Teachers are advised to consult school districts’ policies on the purchase of materials and equipment prior to making a funding request.
What to expect:
- If your project is selected, it will be eligible for a Double Your Impact offer, which means Chevron is offering to fund half the total cost if other donors give the rest.
- Select projects will also be chosen to receive full funding from Chevron.
- Over the summer some projects will be selected to receive a Chevron Innovation Star award and will recognized at the Annual Appreciation for Classroom Innovation Awards in the Fall
- By submitting your project for consideration for this grant, you are agreeing to share your contact information with the local Chevron Public Affairs office for use in communication about the Annual Appreciation for Classroom Innovation Award.
For more information on how to post a project, please visit https://www.donorschoose.org/help